Organizations, collectives, articles, and movements of our age.
- The Critical Engineering Manifesto - The Critical Engineer considers Engineering to be the most transformative language of our time, shaping the way we move, communicate and think. It is the work of the Critical Engineer to study and exploit this language, exposing its influence.
- Dark Mountain - We intend to challenge the stories which underpin our civilization: the myth of progress, the myth of human centrality, and the myth of our separation from ‘nature’.
- Extinction Symbol - The world is currently undergoing a mass extinction event, and this symbol is intended to help raise awareness of the urgent need for change in order to address this crisis.
- Long Now Foundation - The Long Now Foundation was established in 01996 to foster long-term thinking and responsibility in the framework of the next 10,000 years.
- We Need Courage, Not Hope, To Face Climate Change - We need courage, not hope. Grief, after all, is the cost of being alive. We are all fated to live lives shot through with sadness, and are not worth less for it. Courage is the resolve to do well without the assurance of a happy ending.